Mar14- Full Stack Software Developer, Fujitsu (Ireland) Ltd., Dublin
- Manage 3-tier Fujitsu Cloud IaaS K5/AWS architecture involving application servers, MySQL databases, Redis database schema design, server backups, Apache, SSL and DNS configuration.
- Deployment and management of cloud based Ubuntu VMs.
- Automated daily data management and alert tasks using bash/shell scripts.
- Developed and maintained in-house, continuous integration test automation framework to validate KIDUKU algorithms codebase.
- Testing and deployment of hardware sensor kits.
- Setup and control of technology during field study assessments.
- Developed wireframes and PoC prototypes for numerous customer projects.
- Development and maintenance of web 2.0 and mobile applications using PHP frameworks CakePHP and Codeigniter.
- Third party API integration using Flask web framework, NodeJS, and ExpressJS.
- Fully automated retrieval and parsing of data from API and transfer of structured data to dashboard.
- Development of Python function to record streamed data in MySQL database.
- Manage Git repositories and application deployment to test and production environments.
- Streamlined disaster recovery process with the development of ERM/data disk replication tool using bash and Veritas.
- Increasing client satisfaction through the development of K2 workflow
applications combined with SQL Server to automate financial and internal processes.
- Engaged in regular SCRUM sessions within innovative and knowledge sharing environment.
- Development of micro-site for the Fujitsu charity partner, NCBI (WordPress, GlobalPayments)
Nov13-Dec13 Web Developer, Xsellco Software Ltd., Dublin
- Implemented custom table layouts across Xsellco e-commerce platform (Zend).
- Development of Ultimate Rugby.com website (Zend).
- Deploying through Git.
Sep12-Nov13 Web Developer, Lurtel Ltd., Galway
- Built and delivered high quality CMS driven websites schools and preschools (HTML/CSS).
- Deployment of CMS improvements and updates (WebsiteBaker, WordPress).
- Development of student management system (CakePHP).
- Configured client hosting – Cpanel, VPS, Windows Server 2003.
- Managing Git repository for student management system and roll out of new features and system updates to customer instances.
Jun10-Sep13 Web Developer, Footfall Ltd., Galway
- Increased efficiency of sales process and business functions with development of a PHP based CRM system.
- Improved company’s online presence with modern website design – revamping main website and launching spotlight product websites (HTML/CSS/Wordpress).
- Created an SEO and online advertising strategy with the help of Google analytics, adwords, and webmaster tools.
- E-Commerce development including payments integration (Zen Cart, Open Cart, Realex, Paypal).
- Deployed and supported internal IT systems and workstations.
Apr10-Apr10 Web Developer (Internship), Wiccle Ltd., Galway
Jan07- Freelance Web Designer / Developer
- Design, development, and hosting of websites for individuals, small businesses, charities, and communities (WordPress, Drupal).
- Personal development projects include a symptom search engine SPA
(AngularJS), a portfolio website (VueJS & Flask), contributed to the contact.ie
web app to improve people’s contact with their public representatives, and an app to send event updates via SMS developed with Python and the Twilio API.
Dec06-Nov09 Senior Technical Officer, Rock Solid Systems, Galway
- Took ownership of the installation of backup, encryption, and document management software solutions onto Windows, MAC, and Linux platforms.
- Linux & MAC backup software clients required use of PostgreSQL.
- Supported 200 SMEs via telephone, email, and onsite.
- Analysed statistics and status of backup completion and data growth.
- Implemented an online help desk system and a CRM system.
- Improved company’s online presence through development of new website (HTML/CSS).