Mar14- Full Stack Software Developer, Fujitsu (Ireland) Ltd., Dublin
- Manage 3-tier Fujitsu Cloud IaaS K5/AWS architecture involving application servers, MySQL databases, Redis database schema design, server backups, Apache, SSL and DNS configuration.
- Deployment and management of cloud based Ubuntu VMs.
- Automated daily data management and alert tasks using bash/shell scripts.
- Developed and maintained in-house, continuous integration test automation framework to validate KIDUKU algorithms codebase.
- Testing and deployment of hardware sensor kits.
- Setup and control of technology during field study assessments.
- Developed wireframes and PoC prototypes for numerous customer projects.
- Development and maintenance of web 2.0 and mobile applications using PHP frameworks CakePHP and Codeigniter.
- Third party API integration using Flask web framework, NodeJS, and ExpressJS.
- Fully automated retrieval and parsing of data from API and transfer of structured data to dashboard.
- Development of Python function to record streamed data in MySQL database.
- Manage Git repositories and application deployment to test and production environments.
- Streamlined disaster recovery process with the development of ERM/data disk replication tool using bash and Veritas.
- Increasing client satisfaction through the development of K2 workflow
applications combined with SQL Server to automate financial and internal processes.
- Engaged in regular SCRUM sessions within innovative and knowledge sharing environment.
- Development of micro-site for the Fujitsu charity partner, NCBI (WordPress, GlobalPayments)
Nov13-Dec13 Web Developer, Xsellco Software Ltd., Dublin
- Implemented custom table layouts across Xsellco e-commerce platform (Zend).
- Development of Ultimate Rugby.com website (Zend).
- Deploying through Git.
Sep12-Nov13 Web Developer, Lurtel Ltd., Galway
- Built and delivered high quality CMS driven websites schools and preschools (HTML/CSS).
- Deployment of CMS improvements and updates (WebsiteBaker, WordPress).
- Development of student management system (CakePHP).
- Configured client hosting – Cpanel, VPS, Windows Server 2003.
- Managing Git repository for student management system and roll out of new features and system updates to customer instances.
Jun10-Sep13 Web Developer, Footfall Ltd., Galway
- Increased efficiency of sales process and business functions with development of a PHP based CRM system.
- Improved company’s online presence with modern website design – revamping main website and launching spotlight product websites (HTML/CSS/Wordpress).
- Created an SEO and online advertising strategy with the help of Google analytics, adwords, and webmaster tools.
- E-Commerce development including payments integration (Zen Cart, Open Cart, Realex, Paypal).
- Deployed and supported internal IT systems and workstations.
Apr10-Apr10 Web Developer (Internship), Wiccle Ltd., Galway
Jan07- Freelance Web Designer / Developer
- Design, development, and hosting of websites for individuals, small businesses, charities, and communities (WordPress, Drupal).
- Personal development projects include:
- Symptom search engine SPA (AngularJS)
- Portfolio website (VueJS & Flask)
- Contribution to the contact.ie web app
- (improve contact with local & national politicians)
- App to send event updates via SMS (Python & Twilio API).
- App to manage housing development (Codeigniter).
- App to handle house bookings (Codeigniter).
- Neighbourhood Watch alert app (WordPress).
Dec06-Nov09 Senior Technical Officer, Rock Solid Systems, Galway
- Took ownership of the installation of backup, encryption, and document management software solutions onto Windows, MAC, and Linux platforms and utilising SQL and PostgreSQL instances.
- Supported 200 SMEs via telephone, email, and onsite.
- Increased client satisfaction by providing statistical analysis of backup completion and data growth.
- Reduced issue resolution time following implementation of an online help desk system and a CRM system.
- Improved company’s online presence through development of new website (HTML/CSS).